Cross Stitch: Thread box organisation



My cross stitch thread box was getting out of hand! I spent two full evenings working on tidying it up, but I'm pretty happy with the results.


I bought these fantastic little plastic bobbins and am using just a regular craft box with removable separators. The bobbins fit really well in there and it's cheaper and more versatile than buying a special thread box.

I like my cross stitch to be mobile, so while I don't have too many colours (yes that's not too many colours by my definition), I like to have the essentials on the go with me.

My box holds:

  • Bobbins holding my embroidery floss
  • Spare bobbins and box separators
  • Sewing scissors
  • The folded pattern I'm currently working on
  • Fray Stop (seriously, I can't emphasise enough how useful this stuff is)
  • Pincushion with 3 different sized needles
  • If you look carefully, I also have odd thread (that came from a friend) wound around one of my separators
I'm actually really proud of this pincushion. I sewed on the numbers 24, 26 and 28 which correspond to the sizes of needles I have. As long as I put them back in the right place, I'll always know what goes where (and be able to buy new ones without keeping the ugly boxes).


Cross Stitch: Thread box organisation Cross Stitch: Thread box organisation Reviewed by Oana Jones on 22:43 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.