Romanian Pattern Cross Stitch

I've been playing around with the way I do patterns to make it all a little easier and more professional. I decided it would be nice to do a pair of motifs I can hang in the hallway, and I loved the idea of these cameos using traditional Romanian embroidery patterns. These lend themselves really well to cross stitch.
These new sets should also match up to specific floss colours after I found this handy RGB to DMC Matcher. :)

    

Even though Bucharest, where I was born doesn't have specific ones, after a chat with Mum, I found out I have roots in Muntenia and Banat, so for my mum's side, a female silhouette wearing a headscarf with a Muntenia inspired pattern, and for dad's side a male silhouette wearing a hat with a Banat inspired pattern.


Romanian Pattern Cross Stitch Romanian Pattern Cross Stitch Reviewed by Oana Jones on 21:45 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.